Friday, July 6, 2012

Carrots with Peanut Butter?


Hey All, It's been almost a week since my last update. To say I have been busy would be an understatement between making 1,000 insurance packets for work next week and a lot of other commitments I have been working on. I am going to catch everyone up on what I have been eating on my raw diet.

I have never been big on Breakfast and usually skip it but I find in the world of health and nutrition it is not good for my body as it creates a starving mode every morning and my body begins to store everything as fat when I do eat even if it is healthy food. I usually start the day off with a piece of fruit or a carrot dipped in peanut butter. Yes, I will repeat carrot dipped in peanut butter. :) I make my own peanut butter with my juicer using raw peanuts and a few drops of peanut oil to make sure I can control what is going into my body, you can also purchase it this way, and then I put it in a container that I can use to dip from for a few days. I got tired of the celery and peanut butter after a couple of days and started dipping other vegetable in the peanut butter to see what I can come up with and holy cow I have discovered a new healthy snack. If you are taken back by this I encourage you to try it. I've mentioned Shannon, my girlfriend, doing this challenge with me and I gotta tell you she has requested carrots and peanut butter more than once and she is someone who would never pick up a carrot and eat it. Delicious!!!

For Lunch I usually have a Smoothy or my famous Hummus Wraps I've mentioned in other posts. The Smoothies are awesome and can also replace the dessert cravings for those who are accustomed to a daily dessert at the end of the day, like Shannon and her Milkshakes. For one serving combine a handful of frozen Strawberry's, a Banana, a heaping spoon full of Peanut Butter and half a cup of Almond milk. I also add a tiny tiny bit of raw Honey for flavor and it's amazing health benefits. Once this combination runs through your blender you will never stop making them. I enjoy it just as much as a normal ice cream Milkshake and will probably never make a Milkshake again having this available. The best part is this a complete meal with plenty of healthy protein and a ton of fresh nutrients for your body. Awesome!!!



My Hummus wraps are a staple for me on my Raw Food Challenge. What do you need and what is Hummus? Hummus is one of the most popular Middle Eastern dips with lots of good protein and nutritinal value. It has fat but it is the good fat that your body needs. Hummus can be used to dip raw vegetables and/or as a base for my Wraps. Prior to this Raw Challenge I would use a Pita bread and found my first day on the Challenge that I can substitute the Pita with a Romaine lettuce leaf. First, I put the leaf down and use Hummus to butter the inside. Next I add tomatoes, onions and some spinach. I then top it off with some oil and vinegar although this doesn't have to be used and often isn't.

This will give you an idea of what I have been eating. Next post I will be sharing my raw bread that can be used as a Pita with my Wraps. Stay tuned and thank for reading!!

Edit 7/7/12: Try Avocado slices spread on the Hummus wraps. Adds an additional flavor and provides a huge amount of nutritional value.

No comments:

Post a Comment