Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Flood and Food



Hi All!! I'm back to Florida and settling back into my routine. I found smoothies at the concert, made with real fruit and ice, and pretty much lived on that during the River's Edge Music Festival as well as a delicious Spinach Fruit salad for Breakfast every morning and was able to honor my commitment to being raw for the most part other than a few beers and an order of fries we split during a crash we were experiencing during the late afternoon on Sunday. I can share that fruit alone is definitely not enough to get you through the day. Everyone asks me where I get protein from without animal's? Well, here's the secret the protein from the dark green leafy vegetables, nuts & seeds, (wheat) grasses, sprouts, grains is plenty and all the body needs. We can also digest this quickly and more efficeintly without any of the negatives of animal meat or milks. Did you know it takes days to digest meat and while it rots inside of you your body starts absorbing toxins and fat from this breakdown?

When I returned home I came home to what looked like a disaster area. My house ended up being ok but my Girlfriend, Shannon, has a house off the Cotee River and so does her grandmother who lives next door to that house. As you can see from the picture the river had taken on a life of it's own and is flowing through and under the houses. Shannon and I made a rescue mission yesterday to evacuate her 82 year old grandmother and her partner Bill. We brought our canoe, loaded them up with some belongings and Shannon and I fought the current to get them out of there. I say all that to share even with all the things coming up, Shannon also is taking on the 30 day challenge, we have managed to stay raw in the face of all these, what appear to be, obstacles. Anyone can take on this lifestyle it is just a matter of making a committment, understanding the health benefits, feeling the difference and really sticking to it.



Stay tuned in for a recipe for some delicious Hummus wraps I have been making. Tons of protein and all the good stuff. I love this stuff and so does everyone else that has tried them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment