Thursday, June 21, 2012

First Day Raw

I've officially started my 30 day raw food diet. I started the day off a little unprepared with a Banana and literally a handful of Spinach and Swiss Chard for some protein. It wasn't the greatest breakfast but definitely got me fueled for the day. At lunch I found a salad buffet out in Zephyrhills and was able to put together a nice salad with a side of beans and beets. For dinner I went a little out of my way to a food court that serves a sweet Broccoli salad that consists of young coconut milk, raw broccoli, carrots, nuts and raisins. It was delicious!! The first day was a success but a little intimidated by my long weekend out of town at the Rivers Edge Music Festival. Wish me luck and I will update throughout the weekend.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

2 comments:

  1. 6/22 So I went to publix and got some watermelon to make peppermint and watermelon water for tomorrow. I also got some organic apples. Lots of lemons and limes from the Asian market. Some fresh beets...tried the taste of the beet greens in the store and though it tasted ok, so I got a bunch with pretty greens..will use on with coconut or cashew milk. Grabbed some "organic girl" spinach. Just need to wait for morning, because if I eat these greens now I will be up all night with energy! Taking the raw food/fusion challenge. Goal to be at 80% raw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting Becky. That sound delicious! Sorry for the delay in responding, I am on Vacation in Minnesota. Trying to stay raw and traveling definitely takes some additional effort.

      Delete