Friday, June 15, 2012

My Story and What Eat it Raw is All About...

Hello!! Welcome to my Eat it Raw Blog. Eat it Raw... Hmm, What's that? Let me start from what I would say is the beginning of this adventure. It all started from a documentary I watched, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". The movie was about Joe Cross, an average man, who had enough of a lifestyle that was slowly killing him. He took on a Juicing fast for 30 days and traveled America sharing the benefits and how he felt. He lost a ton of weight but what inspired me the most was the way it healed him from his ailments and how he shared it with others.

As I took on the 30 day Juicing Fast I started to discover a new level of energy and felt amazing. I never realized it was possible to feel this good until experiencing it first hand. This intrigued me so I began to search further into what appeared to me as a little known secret. In my search I found much evidence that not only could a raw plant based diet prevent and possibly cure cancer but it could also allow the body to heal from other ailments. My father died from a heart attack at age 56 and so this new found information really hit home. Apparently, heart disease is non-existent in cultures where very little to no animal protein is consumed. In fact, these cultures have an average life span in the 90's. So ... what I said to myself is if I cut the meat out of my diet I could possibly double my life span...

After getting off my juicing diet and losing 23 pounds I splurged for a week and then remembered what I had learned and could feel my body getting more sluggish like it was prior to the diet. BAM... I chose right then and there that I would cut meat out of my diet completely and other than one cheeseburger and a pulled pork sandwich I haven't eaten meat since January of this year.

In the recent weeks I've noticed I have replaced my meats with cheeses and artificially created foods. Although I still feel pretty good compared to how I once did and I have kept most of that weight off I know that I can feel better so I am taking on a Raw Food lifestyle for 30 days. I will document my adventure throughout my progress on this blog and share the results of my health improvement or lack there of throughout. I will be getting blood work before and after and hosting a Raw Food Potluck where I will share with anyone and everyone interested. Thanks for reading, please share my Blog and come back often...

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment